York, Pa. – April 8, 2014 – Red Lion Controls, global experts in communication, monitoring and control for industrial automation and networking, today announced the addition of the Sixnet® series RAM® 9000 to its cellular automation family. Red Lion’s new high-performance RAM 9000 industrial cellular RTU provides a rugged, reliable solution for monitoring and controlling remote assets and processes in extreme conditions.
The RAM 9000 combines built-in I/O and active GPS with multiple serial and Ethernet ports to securely monitor remote devices via 4G LTE cellular communications. Ideal for deployment in industrial M2M networks such as oil and gas, water/wastewater, utility, transportation and mining applications, the RAM 9000 provides a seamless network extension to remote locations. With more I/O than many competitive offerings, the RAM 9000 serves as a robust platform that enables customers to save wiring time, space and cost by combining separate functions into one cellular device.
“The RAM 9000 provides a comprehensive solution for industries that require visibility and control of field-deployed equipment utilizing a variety of I/O and serial communications,” said Paul Bunnell, product manager, process automation for Red Lion Controls. “With built-in GPS, multiple I/O and routing functionality, the RAM 9000 offers customers a single option when looking for one industrial RTU to meet many different needs.”
Features of the RAM 9000 include:
- High-density on-board I/O (two digital inputs, two digital outputs, three analog inputs and one relay output) lowers total system cost
- Active GPS receiver automatically tracks device location information
- Routing capabilities provide reliable, secure communication
- Separate RS-232 and RS-485 ports offer remote connectivity to serial devices
- USB host port allows for the connection of external peripherals such as I/O, bluetooth and more
Click here for more information on the RAM 9000 series