York, Pa. – June 23, 2017 – Red Lion Controls, global experts in communication, monitoring and control for industrial automation and networking, today announced the introduction of N-View® 2 software. This Windows-based application advances the functionality of Red Lion’s existing N-View® monitoring technology with centralized firmware management and enhanced network discovery for select N-View capable N-Tron switches. These capabilities reduce administrative time, which is particularly helpful in managing complex networks.
For industrial networking customers with multiple switches installed per location, N-View 2 allows scheduling of firmware updates by model, individually or in groups, with mass firmware maintenance and monitoring of multiple devices from a single application. By automating activities that previously required manual updates, network administrators are able to streamline and accelerate deployments and maximize network uptime.
“Customers need a simple, easy-to-use device management tool to facilitate mass device maintenance and monitoring,” said Diane Davis, Director of Product Management, Networking at Red Lion Controls. “It is impractical and cost-prohibitive to individually update switches in a large industrial network. With N-View 2, network administrators are able to focus on higher-value activities while also being sure that necessary updates will occur where and when they are scheduled.”
Features and benefits of N-View 2 enabled N-Tron industrial Ethernet switches include:
- Enhanced device discovery and centralized firmware management
- Simplified identification and monitoring of N-View enabled devices
- Scheduling of firmware updates by model, individually or in groups
- Auto-discovery and network visualization of SNMP-enabled N-Tron series managed switches
- Immediate deployment of firmware updates for individual or defined groups or scheduling to update at future date and time
- Quick identification and reassignment of duplicate IP addresses from the discovery window
- Hyperlink from discovered IP address to device GUI for advanced configuration options
N-View 2 is included with all N-Tron series N-View capable switches.
For more information on Red Lion’s N-Tron series industrial Ethernet switches, visit www.redlion.net/ethernet.
For sales inquiries or product questions, call +1 (717) 767-6511 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.